I mentioned in an earlier post that I went to Catalyst East (Atlanta) recently. I’m still churning over my “takeaways”; but more so over how to put them into practice.
I pulled my notes out and decided to list some things I’m thinking about from the sessions.
Not sure if these will mean as much to you since you weren’t there; but I’ll post them. They’re outstanding! And they’re free. You didn’t even have to go to the conference.
- Leaders aren’t the people who see a great opportunity, but they are people who seize the opportunity.
- Action speaks louder than words, and sometimes they echo them.
- Better to make a difference than a point.
- Leaders are made one response at a time.
- God may choose to make you through an opportunity you don’t feel ready for.
- Influence is greater than a Title.
- Information and insight alone do not a leader make.
- If you don’t know why something’s working, you won’t know how to fix it when it’s broken.
- Leaders don’t leave; superstars stay.
- Pharaoh Principle: Joseph woke every day thinking of a solution to the problem.
- If you don’t determine the “win”; people will make it up.
- Everyone is essential to an effective team.
- People will let go of what they have; when you give them something better.
- Great teams never rely on individual thinking and creativity.
- High-Performance teams go by the playbook.
- High-Performance teams do high-performance things.
- We tend to blame people rather than systems. That’s wrong.
- Orchestrate and Evaluate everything.
- Clarify the what and the why.
- Select performance-oriented people.
- You can’t get people saved, but you can set up dates between God and them.
- People need to be reminded more than instructed.
- People need to be reminded 7x for people to believe.
- “Anointing” is never an excuse for “going through the process”.
- The deepest Wounds lead to Empty Tombs
- Anointing needs Availability
- You’ll never be “certain” of anything.
- We’re all scared. Just deal with it.
- Jump In.
- Get out of Facebook and get your face into the BOOK.
- Leaders, you make what you are.
- Better to be marked by God; than marketed by man.
- Remember those who came before us, or we’re doomed to forget those who come after us.
- There’s no “suddenness” in the Bible.
- Is it about Jesus; or me?
- If you’re not ready to face opposition; you’re not ready to be used by God.
- If I blame myself for the declines; someday I’ll take credit for the increases.
- If you’re not criticized; be careful: you may not be doing God’s will.
- A little uncertainty = a bunch of faith
- I’m not a Theologian; I’m a Practician.
- Outside in (law); Inside out (Christ)
- Be faithful where you are; find value in who you are.
- Leaders. You need Followers.
- Find yourself by why you do something. Rather than what you do.
- We’re walking in circles; without clear overhead direction.